The National Charity Walk for Peace Charity Reception Dinner was held at Bishopsgate School, Englefield, Egham on Saturday February 17th where over 140 guests attended to show their support the upcoming Charity Walk for Peace being held on Sunday April 29th 2018 in the Windsor Great Park in association with Runnymede Borough Council.
The Dinner provided an opportunity for participants to meet the organisers and sponsors of the annual Charity Walk for Peace and brought together a host of charities and beneficiaries, MP’s, Mayors and local community groups, as well as representatives from the media, with the objective of introducing them to this year’s National Walk, its aims and objectives, and its fundraising efforts throughout the previous year.
His Worshipful the Mayor of Runnymede, Councillor Iftikhar Chaudhri addressed the guests present at the dinner and expressed his delight that Runnymede had the opportunity to host this year’s walk.
“I am truly honoured to be able to host this wonderful annual charity walk in this historic borough of Runnymede, where the Magna Carta was sealed in 1215. I know it will be a great success helping hundreds of charities across the UK, and of course in and around the borough of Runnymede itself.”
Guest speakers at the Charity Reception Dinner included:
- Major Frankie Howells – 1st Battalion Welsh Guards
- Zaheer Jatoi – Chairman Charity Walk for Peace 2018
- Vivienne Keighton – Mayor of Spelthore Council
- Nigel King – Runnymede Charity Walk for Peace Coordinator
- Iftikhar Chaudhri – Mayor of Runnymede
- Nick Wood Dow – Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Surrey
- Ijaz Rehman – President of AMEA UK
- Rachael Lake – Mayor of Elmbridge Borough Council
- Tom Jarvis – Chief Ranger Crown Estate
As in previous years, similar Charity Reception Dinners are being held across the UK enabling communities and members of the public to engage with the Charity Walk for Peace.
All community groups, charities, school and supporting organisations are invited to join us and help raise funds for the many hundreds of deserving charities across the UK.