With just under two weeks to go until the annual Charity Walk for Peace on April 29th at Windsor Great Park, a special Charity Reception Dinner was held on Saturday April 14th 2018 at St. Andrew’s Church in Harrow, to a packed hall of dignitaries and guests from the local and surrounding areas.
Mayor’s, charities and community groups gathered to find out more about the upcoming Charity Walk for Peace, now in its 30th year and being held in association with the Mayor of Runnymede and Runnymede Borough Council.
This year’s Charity Walk for Peace carries a truly ‘ROYAL’ theme as it falls between Her Majesty the Queen’s Birthday and the upcoming Royal Wedding in May.
The Chairman of the Charity Walk for Peace, Mr. Zaheer Ahmed, said:
“This year’s Charity Walk for Peace carries a special emotion for us all as it is being held in Windsor Great Park and follows Her Majesty the Queen’s birthday and precedes the upcoming Royal Wedding in May.
We are delighted to be in the middle of two ‘ROYAL CELEBRATIONS’ and as we are raising a £1,000,000 for UK Charities, it makes this year’s walk very unique and special. We are very much looking forward to the 5,000 plus participants on the day on April 29th.”
The Dinner provided an opportunity for participants to meet the organisers and sponsors of the annual Charity Walk for Peace and with the objective of introducing them to this year’s National Walk, its aims and objectives, and its fundraising efforts throughout the previous year.
Guest speakers at the Charity Reception Dinner included:
- Margaret Davine – The Mayor of Harrow
- Carol Melvin – The Mayor of Hillingdon
- DCS Simon Rose – Harrow Borough Commander
- Iftikhar Chaudhri – The Mayor of Runnymede
Participating charities at the Charity Reception who addressed the guests included:
- Heidi Shrimpton, Spear London
- Kate Reading, Battersea Dogs and Cats
- Brian Whitehead, Welldon Activity Group
- Alison Stone, Helen & Douglas Charity
- Lovia Ofosi-Agyemang, Liesel Angel Trust
- Sonoo Mulkani, Harrow Interfaith Group
- Sheena Dykes, Wycombe Homeless Connection
- Mary Stoke, Hanwell Homeless Connection
- Nicky West, Roald Dahl Children’s Charity
- Michelle King, Little Miracles