Members from the Ahmadiyya Muslim Elders Association UK held a charity cheque presentation on Thursday March 16th 2017 at the Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice on Snowball Hill, Maidenhead.
A cheque for £500 was donated to the co-founder of the Hospice, Fiona Devine – through the Worshipful the Mayor of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead – Mrs. Sayonara Luxton.
The charity cheque presentation is part of AMEA UK’s on-going fundraising initiative for hundreds of UK charities through its annual Charity Walk for Peace – www.charitywalkforpeace.org – which sees them raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for charitable causes which are then donated throughout the year to nominated charities.
Councillor Atiq Ahmad Bhatti – Social Media Coordinator – AMEA UK – had this to say:
“The Alexander Devine Hospice is an incredible story of hope, faith and commitment. We are fortunate to be able to witness this beautiful building that is equipped with state of the art features and will provide facilities for children and parents alike whilst they stay here.”
Javaid Hameed – Regional Coordinator for AMEA UK – had this to say:
“It was a true honour to be here today and for us to be in the fortunate position to donate funds to this worthy cause. We have made a commitment that we will endeavour to continue to support Alexander Devine by providing manpower and our services to help them whenever they may call upon us.”
- Julia Philipson – Fundraising Manager – Alexander Devine
- Fiona Devine – Co Founder of the Hospice and Alexander Devine
- Javaid Hameed – Regional Coordinator – AMEA UK
- Mubashar Ahmad – Regional Cheque Presentation Coordinator – AMEA Middlesex
- Councillor Atiq Ahmad Bhatti – Social Media Coordinator – AMEA UK
- Akram Khalid – Coordinator – AMEA Slough, Burnham and Maidenhead